4/3/12

Start Wearing Purple

My pretty purple pansy inspired eye makeup for spring - on Twitpic

For Spring I decided to make this pretty dramatic, but still really wearable look inspired by purple pansies.

The entire face can be any concealer or anything you feel comfortable with. I use bronzer basically all the time, but especially in the Spring and Summer because that healthy, outdoorsy glow is kind of what you aspire to when the weather gets hot. So I used my bronzer by sweeping it with an angled brush toward my temples.

Now for the eyes. I used my Urban Decay primer (as always) all over my lid and up to my brow bone. Then I used an eyeshadow brush to put Branzen's Karma (a violety type of purple) all over my lids. I then put Brazen's Paradox (this is hard to explain, it's a blue-ish purple) in the crease. I tried to blend it so it didn't look so severe. I put Brazen's Millennium ( an off-white that shimmers pink) on my brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye. I didn't use eyeliner, I didn't want this to be a club look or anything. Finish off the eyes with mascara on the top lashes, and you're good.

I just used clear lip gloss for my lips. Ta da!

My pretty purple pansy inspired eye makeup for spring - on Twitpic

Song Inspiration
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?