12/7/11

Sick

I was sick earlier this week, figures because I was on four different airplanes the week before. I knew I had to pick something up. You know when you have a fever and you just feel cold and all around not good? That's exactly how I felt. I got a flu shot for the first time this year at work, it was one of the worst decisions of my life. I felt like I was dying that night. Sometimes if your body isn't used to the shot you actually have flu symptom. It was literally the worst...and that same feeling happened this week.

There are drawbacks to living alone and being sick is one of them. What if I pass out or die or something and no one knows for days or weeks? That's paranoia talking but it could happen. So, I have this little guide to being sick.

Here is a Broke-Ass Guide To Being Sick from a blog I found. It actually has relatively decent tips. Personally, I don't do anything fancy.
  1. Take a shower, unless you feel like you might pass out or are dizzy. I had a friend in college once pass out from a fever because he got to dehydrated. He was fine, don't worry. Which reminds me...
  2. Drink a massive amount of water and/or Gatorade. You really need to stay hydrated. Orange juice only works before you get sick, fyi.
  3. Take Tylenol or Tylenol Cold or something. This may or may not help, but if it does, it will be totally worth it. Not that I'm trying to push meds on you, but I hate when people complain about how they feel but won't take steps to fix it.
  4. If you can, try to eat a small something, like chicken noodles soup. If you can't, make tea. It'll warm you up and tea is supposed to be great for you.
  5. Either curl up in bed or on the couch (I camped out on the couch in my Snuggy, that's right I said it) and watch TV or a movie. This is important because reading while your sick actually uses unnecessary energy. Disney movies are fantastic to watch when you're ill. It's kind of like comfort food for your eyes.
I hope these help. Better yet, wash your hands with the fervor of someone with OCD and drink your orange juice. Maybe you can fend off the sneezy season's advances. Good luck. Oh, and if someone by you is sneezing, go take a shower immediately. They are diseased and are probably splashing their germs on everything that walks - that includes you. Take the necessary precautions to avoid contracting whatever they so graciously doused you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?