12/5/11

The Rainbow Connection


It was a rough Monday and one of the only things that got me through it completely was The Muppets. I have been talking about them a lot, but they just are so positive, it's hard to not rely on them for a little pick me up...once a week. I mean it's better than drugs right?

Funny story about the Muppets, Fox News thinks they are communists. How could anyone think such a thing of Kermit? I mean, it's not easy being green, I guess. The point they are making is that the bad guy in the new movie is an oil baron. Fox News sees this as an attack on corporations and the oil industry. I think this is a completely ridiculous idea. The Muppets don't even talk about the oil or environment, they just want to save their old studio. Who could attack the sweet little Muppets? My inner child is offended she's throwing a hissy fit in the Muppets' honor.

I LOVE this clip with the composer of the new Muppets movie, Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords fame, and the ever adorable Kermit. This is the cutest. "Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along," and them singing it together is a big, juicy, fuzzy feeling that I want to hug and squeeze and never let go. Thinking about this song makes me want to smile and tap dance my way through even the gloomiest days. "Life's a taco!"

More fun Muppet stuff. Here's the Muppets performing Bohemian Rhapsody. Seriously, this is the best thing I've ever seen. Totally worth a watch.

Another news story about childhood shows is that Herman Caine actually used a Pokemon song in some of his speeches. He always cited the references as "a poet." Apparently, the song comes from the movie Pokemon 2000 and when Caine heard the song during the Olympics he fell in love with it. Then he learned it was "The Power of One" from Pokemon, but he felt really moved by the lyrics. That's hilarious! I loved Pokemon, but this guy was running for president quoting a show about anime monsters from Japan that was popular in the 90s. What? Tell me if that makes sense. You can't make that stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?