12/18/11

Things that suck about living alone: Can't watch scary movies

I once tweeted a whole post series about the drawbacks to living alone.

One of the things that bothers me the most that I can't do is watch scary movies. There's no way in hell I can enjoy the hit show Walking Dead because I would keep thinking a zombie is hiding under my air mattress. As a result I spent my "weekend" watching Up, Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story. Which, I love, I'm a Disney fanatic (please don't try to tell me all of the issues with the movies, I know they're there, but I can politely ignore them if I want.) Still, it would be nice to branch out.

I did, however, watch The Lovely Bones. I read the book when I was in middle school and decided I'd give the movie a try. For the record, scary movies aren't the only ones you shouldn't watch. Ones about murderers are also bad news. Not to ruin anything, but come on, a little girl gets killed in the first 30 minutes. So, that is terrifying. Things that talk about death, not so great. You'd think I would've thought of that. For future reference, just keep that in mind. Now I'm going to have dreams about dying.

Only watch happy movies when you're alone. Children's movies work the best honestly, because even romantic comedies can make you wallow all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?