3/2/12

Stolen Kisses Cake Balls

Made these strawberry cake balls last night. They are covered... on Twitpic

I decided to name these cake balls that because that was the name of the nail polish I was wearing when I made them, and I didn't follow a Pinterest recipe this time, so I can name them whatever I want. They are a pretty pink so I thought kisses should be involved in the name.

These are the cheaters version of cake balls, no making from scratch here. I basically just used what I had in my cabinet to make them. I was being cheap and didn't want to go out and buy ingredients. You could make these with any store bought cake mixes and icings, and wither chocolate or almond bark on the outside. Then you could put sprinkles on them or drizzle white chocolate on the chocolate.

Stolen Kisses Cake Ball

1 box store-bought strawberry cake mix
1 can store-bought strawberry icing
1 bag bittersweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Crisco

1. Bake the cake according to the package directions in whatever size pan you see fit.
2. Let the cake cool and then put it in a large bowl and start to crumble it up.
3. Mix in the icing until all of the crumbs have been coated.
4. Roll the mixture into balls with your hands, or you can use a melon baller to do this.
5. Set them on baking sheets that are covered in aluminum foil and stick them in the refrigerator. If they don't harden they will be impossibly to put chocolate or almond butter over. Leave them in for about an hour or over night if you want.
6. When you are ready to take them out, melt your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave along with a tablespoon full of Crisco. Stir until it's smooth.
7. Put your cake balls into the chocolate use a spoon and be careful not to burn your fingers on the chocolate, it'll be pretty hot.
8. When they are covered put them back into the refrigerator to set. They should stay in there for at least an hour, or overnight.

Then, enjoy! They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?