1/3/12

Iowa Caucus


I'm concerned about the Iowa Caucus right now. I was so flustered earlier because all of the candidates upset me in different ways. So, I don't really want to think about how we have no good candidates for president. I'm increasingly concerned about the state of the nation.

So, mind off of the world ending in 2012. Except this is seriously the coolest thing to show you what all the candidates stand for. Go look at this and then decide for yourself who you agree with the most. I wish I could say I was Conservative or Liberal but I tend to just come up Moderate, there really needs to be a candidate that wants to be a little more center-based. My dad says if you stand in the middle of the road you'll get run over, but I feel like this is the best way to avoid alienating people, and honestly, the issues should revolve around, social security, foreign policy, the military, the economy, unemployment and education. There are others of course, but social issues should not be the platform of a candidacy. If we want a more hands-off government approach then their hands should be off decisions individuals can make on their own.

Disclaimer: I lean more Conservative than Liberal, but I want the whole country fixed before worrying about people's lifestyle choices. I also think anyone should be able to marry if they love someone so, that's a thing.

I wasn't going to talk about the Caucus and here I am lamenting the state of politics. I'm going to finish watching The Golden Girls and then listen to some music and fall asleep not thinking of Santorum's sweater vests and Perry's Texas accent. Lord.

New Year Playlist - I'm falling asleep to these

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?