1/23/12

Bacon Crescent Wraps

This recipe, found on The "Unworking" Mother blog, produces really delicious bacon-y treats. Unfortunately for me, mine turned out looking nothing like pinwheels. They actually were described at work as "bacon cookies." Which sounds gross, but considering they were always supposed to be savory it actually ended up being decent.

For the Alabama v. LSU game all my coworkers that worked late brought something and these were my contribution.

If you want them to look pretty, I'd recommend putting the rolled dough with filling in the refrigerator before you try slicing it. I just think my dough got too warm and I was too lazy to wait for it to cool off.

Bacon Crescent Wraps
Ingredients:
1 3 oz package of cream cheese, softened (or just just 1/2 a block - 4 ounces)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup real bacon pieces
1 8 ounce package crescent rolls
2 tablespoons chopped onion

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cream cheese, bacon, onion and pepper. Separate crescent rolls into 2 rectangles. Pinch seams together. Spread cheese mixture on each rectangle. Roll up, starting at the longest side and seal. Cut each roll into 16 slices. Place on baking sheet with cut side down. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Notes:
For parties - I always double this recipe, sometimes I triple it - they go fast.
I usually buy bacon pieces in the jar (for salads). This saves time and mess from having to cook bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?