11/2/11

This is me

I can't tell you how many blogs I've created. Way too many, and they all end up collecting dust after a couple weeks. Seriously, it doesn't matter if I set goals and try to make it fun, they always just end up falling off a cliff. So, let me break it down real quick:

I was born and bred in the Midwest. I grew up in Kansas and went to school at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. There, I was a member of Phi Mu sorority, and continued my passion of soccer and theater. I always wanted to live in New York until I met my boyfriend and decided that the South sounded charming and elegant. So, long story short, I got a job in Alabama straight out of college and here I am, starting my new life. Trying to find myself and striving to become a Southern Belle, essentially the classiest of classy lady - in the olden days I mean, Gone With the Wind-style without the enormous dresses.

I love sunsets but I don’t care for sunrises. I’m rarely sympathetic. I’ve never been camping but someday I’m determined to show everyone I’m able to. I hate talking on the phone and I never listen to my voicemails. I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. I can be too honest. I love to travel, but I rarely do. I love to drive with my windows down. I get nervous in and around cars. The worst feeling is failing my parents. I love Kansas City and Columbia, but I need to live on a coast for a while. I’m half Mexican, a quarter Italian, and a quarter German, you’d never be able to tell but I wish you could. One of my biggest fears is to be boring. I’m a huge nerd, and a sorority girl. I’ve played soccer my entire life, and it’s the only sport I really care about. Live theater is the most breathtaking and awe inspiring experience when done right. I’m afraid of heights but I love roller coasters. I hate toilets that flush automatically. Speed limits bother me, and trucks on the highway scare me more than they should. I’m terrified of sharks although I lived in the Midwest all of my life. I love my friends and family more than they’ll ever know and I can ever express.

One of my goals right now is to develop a Southern accent. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What're you thinking?